What should you consider for treatment of your spine and/or extremity pain, your back and leg pain, your neck and arm pain? When you experience these conditions, this question is top of mind. New Hampshire Spine and Sport offers the well-documented, non-surgical, safe and gentle Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management as a response to that question.
First, let us consider back surgery. Less than 1% of people with low back, neck, and/or leg and arm pain undergo spine surgery. (1,2) That leaves 99% of people with back and extremity pain to be treated non-surgically. This kind of care is the forte of your Southern New Hampshire chiropractor at New Hampshire Spine and Sport. What is the possibility of such non-surgical treatment as Cox® Distraction Spine Manipulation to benefit you?
THE COX® FLEXION DISTRACTION OPTION
Flexion distraction spine manipulation is reported to be a good intervention for enhancing disc height loss in disc herniation patients. (3) Another study found 50% pain relief following distraction spine manipulation in patients with low back pain. (4) Cox® distraction mixed with therapeutic modalities over a month for patients with lumbar disc herniation produced significant improvement in muscle strength, disability, and relief of sciatica. The whole treatment entailed 18 visits in a month of care. Cox® distraction manipulation appears to be a safe and effective non-invasive treatment for patients with lumbar disc herniation. (5) Safety always leads care at New Hampshire Spine and Sport.
SAFETY OF COX® TECHNIC
The study of safety of spine manipulation shows that chiropractic students are taught correct delivery of force in delivering Cox® manipulation to patients. (6) Similar to a patient looking for surgical treatment for spine pain seeks the best surgeon, studies confirm that patients with a high likelihood of undergoing surgery are best partnered with a non-surgical spine specialist. (7) Certified Cox® practitioners like your Southern New Hampshire chiropractor at New Hampshire Spine and Sport are trained and then assessed by written and hands-on testing before being certified in Cox® distraction manipulation.
CLINICAL EXAM IMPORTANT IN THE COX® TECHNIC SYSTEM
Last of all, understand that the clinical examination of your spine is just as and even more important than any MRI findings. (8) Cox® certified doctors of chiropractic like your Southern New Hampshire chiropractor at New Hampshire Spine and Sport are well-versed and tested in the orthopedic and neurological findings of spine and extremity pain patients. The thorough clinical examination determines the treatment path to your desired pain relief.
CONTACT New Hampshire Spine and Sport
Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Rob Rudy on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson. Use of The Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management is well-demonstrated in his care of a couple patients with back and sciatica.
Schedule your next Southern New Hampshire chiropractic visit today. New Hampshire Spine and Sport knows that together we can answer the overarching question of what to do about your spine pain, back and leg pain, neck and arm pain.