The has arrived in Southern New Hampshire. All of us Southern New Hampshire chiropractors, teachers, parents, workers, and employees are experiencing the holiday stress. Let’s all make a vow to better cope this year! Here are 5 tools New Hampshire Spine and Sport offers:
- A Grateful Attitude
- Be grateful. Gratitude leads to joy which is what the holiday season is all about!
- Eat well notably on the days between your parties.
- Mix in fruits and vegetables.
- Enjoy the sweets, but eat them in moderation. Superfluous sugar for immediate energy turns into fat. Fat will simply add to your back pain!
- Stay hydrated. Kickoff a new water drinking pattern. Eight glasses of water a day is a fine start! New Hampshire Spine and Sport supports water consumption for your bone, skin, spinal disc, bowel, mind, and appetite! (1)
- Just move. Walk more.
- Schedule a workout or a yoga class (2) or a walk at the gym or on the treadmill.
- Start a new routine of waking to motion with a simple exercise you can do while in bed even: knee-chest and hamstring stretch.
- Don’t ignore signs of back pain or neck pain. All that Southern New Hampshire shopping and gift wrapping (There's no ideal position to get this job done!) may strain your spine. Arrange a visit to your Southern New Hampshire chiropractor - your back pain specialist - sooner than later. New Hampshire Spine and Sport is here for you!
- Breathe. Focus on the breath when too many decisions have to be made, too many cookies have to be baked, too many gifts have to be wrapped. Just breathe. It's fascinating what 6 even breaths in and out will do.
- Visualize calm. When "too much" comes your way, visualize yourself in your favorite location: a beach, a snow capped mountain, a hot tub, a lounge chair in front of a fire. Ahhh.
- Close your eyes. Not while you're actually driving to grandmother's house, but close your eyes for a moment while sitting at your desk or in your car. Closing your eyes shuts out all the stimuli if only for a moment.
- Soak in the sun whenever possible. Its Vitamin D does wonders for your bones and immunity and spirit! (3)
- Delight in some Southern New Hampshire chiropractic care!
- Sleep gives your mind and body a rest to be ready for more! (4)
The holidays are so busy. The time is so short. The demands – self imposed or family imposed or work imposed or society imposed – are high. Your Southern New Hampshire chiropractor and all the staff at New Hampshire Spine and Sport feel it, too. Let’s support each other this year! New Hampshire Spine and Sport looks forward to your relaxing, re-energizing, pain-relieving holiday Southern New Hampshire chiropractic visit! Contact us today. Happy Holidays!